When it comes to finding clothes, it’s important to remember this simple mantra:
“your clothes should fit you, not the other way around”.
Shopping can be a confusing process, and with an increasing number of us turning to online shopping, we often have to do a leap of faith when we buy a new outfit. Will it fit? Will it suit me? I can always return it! With the trusted fitting rooms no longer part of the shopping process, it’s more important than ever that we find a dress style that suits our bodies, making us feel confident, inside and out.
The beauty of the A-Line dress is that it does exactly that - no matter what size or shape you are, this style enhances your natural figure, leaving you feeling like a chic queen.
One of the most popular dress silhouettes, the A-Line’s magic lies in the way that it fits at the waist and draws focus to the bust. The term describes a dress which has a hem that is wider than the shoulders, which gives a flattering fit to any silhouette. It both highlights and enhances the waistline, making it perfect for curvaceous figures, as well as less defined waistlines. The gentle flare of the dress gives the appearance of a more cinched figure, yet is classy in appearance. Because of the A-Line’s nature as an all-rounder for body shapes, many opt for this style for bridesmaids dresses!
How the A-Line brings out the beauty in every shape:
- Hourglass - the a-line dress is perfect for the hourglass figure as it accentuates the waist and the bust. The flare brings out the beauty in the curves.
- Pear - The a-line creates visual balance which is an excellent choice for pear shaped bodies, as the bust is enhanced and the bottom is not overdone.
- Round - These figures are glorious in the A-Line, which brings in the waist and emphasises the waist.
- Inverted Triangle - The opposite of the pear body shape, the inverted triangle figure is similarly accentuated and adorned with this style. Attention is drawn to the lower part of the body from the shoulders, and the upper and lower parts appear balanced.
- Rectangle - similar to the round shape, the rectangle body type looks amazing in the A-Line, as the illusion of a pronounced waist is created with the flared hem and the fitted middle.
A-Line dresses look classy in a variety of patterns and materials. Their fit is comfortable and breathable while their silhouette covers all the essential areas, making them a perfect choice for all manner of occasions - whether that’s out for a picnic with friends or classy cocktail parties! Opt for a maxi, midi, or mini length depending on the look you’re going for, and switch up the sleeves and neckline for added options! The A-Line is truly the holy grail silhouette.